Saturday, January 27, 2007

The "Theory versus Reality"

In theory, this was supposed to be a good idea. If you had a ruptured disc, which at the time I had 2 of them, L4-L5 and L5-S1 (lower back or lumbar), then they would just inject this Chymopapain into the disc and it would just disolve the disc rupture. In my case it disolved the whole damn disc withen a 8 month period. As if that wasn't bad enough, many Neurosuergons expert on the subject say that the inadvertant injection of the enzyme into the spinal nerves or subarachnoid area of the spinal cord can have devastating and permenant nerve damage. I have a photo of my back showing two large needle marks in the area of L4-L5 and L5-S1. When you look at a MRI of my lumbar spine it is very evident that the injection meant for L5-S1 totally missed its mark. Where did it go? Right into the very place it wasn't supposed to. All over the nerve tissue and subarochnoid area of my spine. Keep in mind, these so-called surgeons had a 1 day training course on injecting a chemical that was used in "Adolphs meat tenderizer into the most sensative areas of the human body. The doctor that performed this procedure on me in 1984 had two lines. Patients waiting to get the procedure and the ones like me who had already had the procedure waiting for their prescriptions for powerful drug medication to help counter the devistating pain. He said it would get better in a few weeks. That was 23 years ago and I am still waiting.

No comments: